rainbird seeder

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by nova385, Dec 14, 2003.

1. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

Has anyone owned (or used) a rainbird p-18 overseeder OR a c-18 thatcher? What are they worth used but in excellent condition?

I have a picture of them but this dang dial-up would take forever. I'll post them at work Monday.

2. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

I used one and won't waste my time with again, Try a lesco renovator and you will understand why I won't waste time with a Rainbird

Mac

3. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

Whitch one is a waste of time? The seeder or the dethatcher?

4. J Hisch

J Hisch LawnSite Senior Member

Never Heard of the Rainbird seeder, but I have heard of Bluebird. Are you Meaning Bluebird? If So Seeder in good condition 500-700. Power Rake, 250-450.00

5. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

Sorry it a BLUEBIRD

6. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

Sorry I mis-read the the Bluebird overseeder is a waste of $$$ as the lesco does both overseed & dethatch

Mac

7. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

The blue bird will do both also but you have to change the blades. I figured that I would be taking to much time to change the blades. So I got one off each.

8. nova385

nova385 LawnSite Member
    from Mid MI

9. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

Hi Nova,

Here is a quote from this post.

"I will probably get beat up badly for this one, but we rent bluebird and have always been happy. You heard me..r-e-n-t. But they seem to be a good machine, I figure if it can handle being a rental (high abuse) then it must be tough."

10. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

Can't speak for the overseeder, but I have the lawn comber and aerator made by Bluebird. Both are tough as nails and both have the honda engines and both were previously owned by a rental shop. If I had to do it all over again and by new, I would not buy the aerator. I personally wouldn't buy the seeder, even used. The prices that J Hisch gave are pretty much the going rate for used.