Rainbird Select Contractor Trip in January.

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Dec 29, 2006.

1. ericlemson

ericlemson LawnSite Member

That sounds a lot of fun. How many millions of rewards point do you need to get that trip paid for?

2. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

The amount of points vary depending on length of stay, whether you take the IA Certification workshop, which Optional Activities you chose, whether you have a guest or not, etc. For my wife and I, we used about 64,000 points to go on this trip.

3. JimLewis

Here are some photos from the trip......

100_0797001.jpg

100_0801001.jpg

100_0807001.jpg

100_0836001.jpg

100_0844001.jpg

4. JimLewis

Here are a few more photos....

100_0857001.jpg

100_0881001.jpg

100_0891001.jpg

100_6483001.jpg

5. JimLewis

And yet a few more.....

100_6531001.jpg

100_6537001.jpg

100_6543001.jpg

100_6567001.jpg

6. JimLewis

And here are the last set of pics I am going to show you all......

100_6574001.jpg

100_6581001.jpg

100_6586001.jpg

7. JimLewis

Just a quick review;

The trip was just amazing, as I am sure you can see from the photos. There were about 400 Select Contractors there from across the nation. Well, I should say 400 people attended the conference. Many were wives. And a few were kids. So of that 400, probably only 150-200 were contractors.

They took absolute great care of us from the moment we arrived at the airport. They had guys with signs waiting for us to take our bags and direct us to our shuttle. Then when we arrived they had everything already arranged. They even took care to tip everyone in advance for us. So we never had to tip the bellmen, maids, concierge, etc. The first night they had a great welcome party for us with a good buffet and an open bar. That night everyone let loose. Some of us a little too much. ;) We had short conferences each day for the next two days. They were only about 4 hours each day and they were actually very informative. I came away with some really great ideas. And of course, they took care of every meal.

On the 3rd night, they took half of us to a gorgeous restaurant way up in the hills. We had a great time up on a deck / veranda overlooking part of the bay. There was an open bar. And then we ate a steak and seafood dinner.

The 4th day was all recreation. Some people went on Canopy Tours (buzzing from one tree to another on a cable line in the jungle), others went whale watching, deep sea fishing, diving, or on a ATV tour through the jungle and villages nearby. My wife and I chose the ATV tour, which was a blast.

Usually around 9:00 or 10:00 each night you had the option of just going back to your room or hanging out with your local Rep. and some others at the local watering hole there in the hotel. And of course, they always paid for it all.

Then that night, they had a beach party / dinner for us again. Live entertainment, open bar, all that.

Throughout the trip, there was lots of free time to go hang out by the pool, go shopping, play on the beach, whatever. So that was cool too. We got more free time than I imagined we would.

Rainbird really went out of their way for us. I tell ya, going to Puerto Vallarta is awesome any time. But when someone else is paying for it all - it's even better. They really put on a class act trip. Everyone had a blast and we all can't wait until next year. Hopefully some of you all will join us next year.

8. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

Jimlewis,

How much did you purchase this year then 100K+ in components?

9. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Great pics Jim. Why no bikini pictures??? :laugh:

Does Rain Bird only schedule these at resorts that are 100% their product installed? :)

10. Flow Control

Flow Control LawnSite Bronze Member

I usually just cash my points in maybe next year I will weigh all of the options. Looks like it was a great time.