Rainbird sending me to Vegas!

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by JimLewis, Oct 24, 2005.

1. JimLewis

JimLewis LawnSite Fanatic

Well, this is cool. I learned today that RB is sending me and my wife to a conference in Vegas. They are covering the hotel and conference and meals, I just have to get there.

It's close enough, we could drive. Only about a 15 hour drive. But I also happen to have a client who is an airline pilot and he gets me next to free guest passes. So air tickets are now covered too!

I am excited! First time I've ever had a company buy me something big like this. Guess it pays to install RB stuff - in more ways than one! :cool:

2. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Do you order directly from them? How do they know your a mass quantity buyer?

FWIW, my wife and I will be in vegas durin g valentines day.

3. JimLewis

No, they keep track of my purchases with the Rainbird Rewards program. Then, you get rewards and points based on your volume using their products. Points can be used to buy all sorts of stuff. Toys, tools, gear, clothing, marketing and promo materials, etc. Rewards just come occasionally and usually involve your rep. If you're doing enough volume, you'll get the reps attention. Then, they become your best friend. :)

The program is free. If you're buying RB products, there's no downside to joining. Even if you didn't use Rainbird products exclusively, it still makes since to be part of the program. Might as well get some rewards for stuff you're already buying.

Hunter has a similar program. And I used to deal more with Hunter in the past and was part of their "Preferred Contractor" program. But I like RB products a little better and I just didn't quite understand how their rewards program worked. I had some misconceptions about it. So I had never joined before this year. Now, I wish I had joined a lot sooner. Hunter never sent me anywhere. :cry:

4. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

Sounds good, we order a lot of ESP-M's, DVF-100's and 1804s...Might take a while. :)

5. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Way cool! Enjoy and learn.

6. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

And don't forget to always split a pair of eights.

7. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

rb is sending my girlfriend and i to their plant in arizona dec 1-4th for a tour, im from NC

8. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I may be going to the one in Vegas and taking my technician as well. They just had one or are about to have one in Denver just north of me. But come on, it is middle of blow out season for me. Who scheduled that crap for October in a cold weather city? Bad planning.

Let's go for a beer!!

9. JimLewis

Yah, definitely! If you end up going to the Vegas one, definitely let me know so we can meet up. Always great to meet guys from Lawnsite! :drinkup:

10. jerryrwm

jerryrwm LawnSite Bronze Member

And always take the full odds on a Pass line bet, and the Hardways are always in the house's favor about 8-15%.