Rainbird Tool

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by PurpHaze, Jan 31, 2006.

1. PurpHaze

PurpHaze LawnSite Fanatic

Picked up a few of these Rainbird tools over the winter. Been using them to hold up the risers on spray pop-ups when changing out nozzles. Works real slick except the rubber handle covers easily slip off. Took care of that by dropping a little PVC glue into them and then putting them back on the metal handles. Here I used it to install an MP-Rotator nozzle on the baseball field project that got knocked off when the guys were skinning/floating the grass areas for overseeding.

VALL MP-Rotator Replacement IV-01.jpg

2. I've got a pair of them, one of the handiest things i have.

3. PurpHaze

One of our suppliers only had six pairs. We went back and bought them all. :)

4. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

BOY.. better than a pair of round headed channel locks and a real strong rubber band huh?

5. Dirty Water

Dirty Water LawnSite Fanatic

I should get one.

I hate it when the riser is wet and you drop it without a nozzle on it :)

Why is that sprayhead set so low?

6. PurpHaze

Are you going to discuss sex toys again Sheshovel? [JK] :p

7. PurpHaze

As Norm Crosby would say it's an obstacle conclusion. It's set right on to grade. Poor graded transition between grass and home plate area crushed cinder that will be fixed later.

What you might be looking at is that I cleared a little around the sprinkler. I removed the entire body and installed a new one since marking paint had gotten all over the riser and down into the filter.

VALL MP-Rotator Replacement IV-02.jpg

8. sheshovel

sheshovel LawnSite Fanatic

Hhaahaaaahaaa!!!ROFLMAO