Rainfall Total at My House

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by agrostis, Jun 8, 2013.

1. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

Been raining here all morning. I think its headed your way

2. GRPM LLC.

GRPM LLC. LawnSite Member

9.62" officially since April in my area. Just got 1.5" yesterday, and probably another 1-2" set to come in mid-week. I have measured slightly more in my back yard than the official amount, somewhere around 10.25" or so.

3. GRPM LLC.

GRPM LLC. LawnSite Member

Added another 1.6" the other night. The lawns around here are jump'n !

4. J&A Lawn Care

J&A Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I have had over 10" in the last 3 weeks. I have not ran a normal schedule ALL YEAR! It is driving me crazy and the ground is rotten

5. Travis91

Travis91 LawnSite Member

about 19 inches in the last week here, well over 20 inches this week 25 miles south.

6. Travis1010

Travis1010 LawnSite Member

Here in northwest arkansas no rain for like 3-4 weeks!!! its so dry and crispy!!! Nothing is growing all is dead. I wish we were having rain like that

7. cpllawncare

cpllawncare LawnSite Silver Member

It's definitely kept me on my toes I've lost a few because of it.I wouldn't mow when the ground was saturated but I've since changed my policy, the ground has been saturated for weeks now and it rained hard again today, simply have to mow in the rain no other choice. My mowers look like total disaster I hate it.

8. Charles

Charles Moderator Staff Member

I remember when there was a cut off low over the NE most of the summer. They got flooded and we stayed dry. Now a low cut off from the jet stream sits over the SE, leading to many staying dry, while we get flooded daily. I think the best Summers are when systems keep moving. But obviously, the weather Gods don't care what I think:laugh: