RainMaster Pro Max or Pro Max UA?

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mx315, Apr 27, 2009.

1. tntstarr

tntstarr LawnSite Member
    from Nevada

This one has been sitting in storage for about six years. Bought it in I think 2001 and used amost daily with problem for five years. Like I said. not looking to get rich but at the same time I'm not going to give it away.

2. Mikegyver

Mikegyver LawnSite Bronze Member

Send me an email, I have an offer waiting. Be sure and send it fast before my email address "mysteriously" disappears from that post :(

3. tntstarr

tntstarr LawnSite Member
    from Nevada

Email sent.

4. Things still deteriorate in storage. I just recently hooked up a buyer and seller and he swore his rm was in great shape. I'm sure knowing this person he was being honest. I get an email from the buyer telling me it was burning through batteries at one a week. RM went through a bad spell with remotes and anything older than 3 years is very suspect.

5. tntstarr

tntstarr LawnSite Member
    from Nevada

Hooked this one up to a controller in the local parks dist. and worked just fine. Thats straight out of the box after sitting for about six years in storage. Used for about five years prier to that without any problems. All I can do is go with what I know and not by what it may or may not do.

6. well good luck. Its a great remote no doubt. I personally would never sell off a piece of equipment like that but circumstances change in life.

7. HanktheCowdog

HanktheCowdog LawnSite Member

I just ordered a ProMax UA from my local supply house and was looking through the owner's manual online in anticipation of trying it out and I noticed something about FCC licensing. Is that normally required? If so, is it a hassle to get that? Never seen that mentioned before.

8. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

No need for any license; congratulations on buying the best remote made! :clapping:

9. HanktheCowdog

HanktheCowdog LawnSite Member

Well, I have seen so many good reviews I decided I "needed" one. My little Hunter Roam is ok for a lot of little jobs, but I needed something more.

10. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

I've used the Hunter and owned the TRC, both work well in ideal conditions, though that Hunter was slow as all get-out. The Rain Master will blow through anything you put in front of it; line-of-sight be damned.