Rainmaster Promax UA Question..

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by dhess, Sep 24, 2007.

1. dhess

dhess LawnSite Member

Anyone know if the Rainmaster Promax UA remote system sends a signal back to the hand remote showing that your commands have been received or transmitted to/from the box?

If not, Anyone know if any other remote systems on the market do this and how do they exactly do this (ie beep..message command..light..)?

I have a Rainmaster Pro UA coming in Thursday and I'm sure I'll be happy with it, but this is one option I didn't think to double check.

Either way I'll be keeping it I'm sure, but now I'm curious if this is an option it has or if other remotes on the market might do this?

2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

The handheld will beep, no signal comes back. We have two of those bad
    boys, you'll love it! I don't know any other that has that feature, but I'd
    sure like to take a look at the Calsense, tho I believe it works only on their
  3. The promax turns on and off instantly. If I'm on a large property for the first time my first stop is at the water meter. Watching the meter I go through all the zones and determine that I've got water going somewhere. If the meter doesn't move my next stop is a convenient valve. I put my hand on the solenoid and go through the zones very rapidly with the up button to feel the pin click. No water movement? No pin click? TROUBLESHOOTING TIME! Remember the MV button has to be pushed each time you want to give it an on or off signal. You will love this remote. If you have used any other remote you will love it even more. I do so much with this thing in repairs/troubleshooting/selling/maintenance It would take a full day seminar to show you all the weapons this tool has in the fight against irrigation problems.
  4. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

Ahhhhh, the CalSense. Such a beautiful controller, makes me want to cry. :cry:
  5. You guys are so hung up on that over priced Cal?Sense. Would like it as much if it was called the TexasSense? Or the MississippiSense? By the time I get all the bells and whistles on my WM SL it will be almost as good for a whole lot less.:)
  6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

If only that were true. :cry: :cry:
  7. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Dream on, farm boy:p