Rainmaster remote battery life

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, May 1, 2014.

1. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

The RM foam-lined cases are not that expensive. The RM can take some water, if dried off quickly, but no swan dive. :cry:

2. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I have the foam filled hard case but was speaking of something to use when actually using it from water & mud. I tried out the food saver vacuum bag today and it worked pretty good. In case anyone is interested I took off the belt clip and then sealed the unit, then I screwed the clip back on which broke the seal but still good enough. The problem I seemed to be having is moisture sliding between the bottom rubber cover. I would take the cover off and see condensation which I think may be causing the unit to act up. More less the same idea as Jim's diver bag. If anyone wants I'll post a pic when I get caught up, maybe around July?

3. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Divers bags are watertight to 50 meters ArTurf and they have a cord long enough that you could make it work without the belt clip. To prevent condensation toss in a few bags of silica or rice. I put silica bags in all of my electronic equipment cases.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

Yes, but at $7.95 that really hurts the profit margin.

5. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

You have a $1250.00 remote that is susceptible to moisture. I see your point.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Kiril

Kiril LawnSite Fanatic

If I may modify a bit to reflect how f'd up this is .....

You have a $1250.00 IRRIGATION remote that is susceptible to moisture. :hammerhead:

7. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

He was just kiddin Chief. So was I. So was you. Leary was the only one being serious. I think. :confused:
    Posted via Mobile Device