Rainmaster Remote on Hunter Pro-C

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by mx315, Oct 26, 2011.

1. mx315

mx315 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a new maintenance account with a 7 zone Pro-C controller. I've tried a 12 and 24 zone pigtail connected as the directions say, but getting nothing using the remote. I've never had a problem connecting to a larger controller on our commercial properties.
    Is there a trick to hooking up a pigtail to these smaller home controllers?

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Which post are you getting power from? I haven't tried my Rain Master with any Hunter clocks.

And if you encounter a lot of these clocks you might want to buy the medium range Hunter remote. (I think they discontinued the SRR.) The Smartport installs in about two minutes, or maybe a half hour if the clock is inside and you go to the outside of the same wall with it.

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

Should not be a problem, I don't have the RM wiring call-out on board, Peter may come on. I'd bet it's the common or the 24-volt connection that's off. You need a hot 24-volt connection, have you put a vom on the terminals to see?

4. mx315

I connected the Blue/white to the port listed as 24V and the Red/white on the common for the 12 station pigtail. I tried both 24V screws with the 24 pigtail yesterday, but I didn't have my meter.
    I don't get a beep when I connect the remote base to the cable, like I do on the commercial controllers

5. Mike Leary

Seems to me, there are two common wire possibilities and, I may be wrong, two 24-volt wire connections. Yes, it should beep, have you checked the remote battery?

6. mx315

Remote is good. I used it on a commercial property this morning. I will check it with a meter and see if it's getting power to the pigtail.
    thanks

7. Mike Leary

It's got to be in the pigtail, did you buy it from a guy named Fimco? Do you have the chart for wire color and number for the pigtail? I looked on the RM site and could not find it, if you can send it to me, I'll be glad to look at it. WTF Hunter is up to, I have no clue.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2011
  8. mx315

9. mx315

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

I know that all the controllers I have installed on, there are two 24 vac terminals. One will work, and one will not. I test by having a solenoid handy in the remote case, touch one wire to the common, and the other wire to a 24 vac terminal. If it clicks, I hook to that one. If not, it should click from the other terminal.
    Still possible that it is in the pigtail.