Rainmaster remote quit working

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by ArTurf, Mar 31, 2013.

1. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

SoCalLandscapeMgmt LawnSite Bronze Member

http://www.techni-tool.com/237CH012

We used to use this on controllers. If you were really careful you could remove the board from the receiver, spray it with this stuff and the re-assemble. At the very least it would help to eliminate any shorting of the components that is being caused by the moisture that is getting inside of the remote.

2. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

3. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

It blows my mind that someone like me, in the wettest part of the country, with two RM remotes ( and a third on order), would never have had a problem with internal moisture. Clean living, no vices? :dizzy:

4. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

get dirty, use 2 pipe wrenches..
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. SoCalLandscapeMgmt

If your tool isn't getting wet then you're not doing it right. :laugh:

6. ArTurf

ArTurf LawnSite Gold Member
    Male, from Ark

I always got the impression that Az was very dry & low humidity. The moisture is seeping between the main body and the end cap on the bottom as far as I can tell. I guess i could put a little silicone around the seam but the new "cover" is working good and protects the whole deal from muddy hands.

I have decided to market the covers, kind of like Fimco did the pigtails. The cost is $10 for 1 and $5 for each additional one plus S & H. Any takers.

7. Mike Leary

Sorry, my business was on the west coast of Washington State. Other than the keypad wearing out, the only place for moisture/dirt to enter would be the battery port on the bottom. I don't get, neither does RM, whom I spoke with yesterday. :dizzy:

8. Mike Leary

Just ordered a fresh one: transmitter only $738.00. Padded case 115.00. MY price.

9. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

You said earlier that you already ordered. Did you already spill Seagram's all over it.

10. Mike Leary

I get the bro deal from the suppliers, just thought someone would be interested; not you, obviously. :dizzy: