RainMaster Remote

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by BD79, Sep 17, 2012.

1. BD79

BD79 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

Hi guys, do these remotes work well if the reciever is in a basement or a commerical building. I want to eliminate all those trips back to the controller.

2. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Fimco can answer that better than anyone. He lives remotes.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Too bad Fimco has left us though, and won't be posting.

Rainmaster remotes are the cream of the crop, and should work just fine unless the receiver is in a very shielded room/area/vault/etc.

4. Stuttering Stan

Stuttering Stan LawnSite Bronze Member

I have had some issues in commercial warehouses when it's located in a concrete room (fire sprinkler room). On a normal everyday office complex or restaurant, no problems.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. BD79

BD79 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

I was worried it wouldn't work well inside concrete rooms or buildings. I really want one this year so I can try it out during winterizations. Wonder how hard it will be to get customers to pay for a pigtail?

6. 1idejim

1idejim LawnSite Fanatic

Why would the customer want to pay for a pigtail when it's YOU that benefits from the remote?

If they were a full service account of yours or you offered them a discounted winterization rate i could see the point.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. BD79

BD79 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

I can see my self wasting alot of time and money installing pigtails just for the customer to drop me for the first lowballer that gives them a cheaper rate. People around here will drop you to save $5 on a winterization.

8. jcom

jcom LawnSite Senior Member

Love the RM remote we got this summer.

Customers have no problem paying for a pigtail when it is explained that they will save on labor costs in the long run. I show them how a $100 service bill may only be $75 because of the time savings going back to the controller. But I install it for free.

IMHO

John

9. BD79

BD79 LawnSite Member
    from Mi

Yeah, I think it's a benifit to everyone. If I decide to do it this year, I will just clip it in. Next year I'll push my returning customers to get the pigtail.

Nothing worse than running into the basement over and over covered in mud.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Of the tails I have installed, I have "directly" charged for about half of them. Some have been "indirectly" charged.