Rainy Day

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MANICURED LAWNS, Oct 6, 2006.

1. MANICURED LAWNS

MANICURED LAWNS LawnSite Member

It's pouring here, all my work is done and I'm bored out of my mind. I usually wake up and jump in the truck and go off to mow. I enjoy it and on top of enjoying it I just bought a new Toro Diesel Z Master and I want to go mow. What to do, what to do

2. DBL

DBL LawnSite Silver Member

sit on lawnsite all day

3. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

If I'm feeling productive, I make deposits, go shopping, clean, work on one or the other web site, stuff like that..

When I'm just bored, I waste a TON of time playing this free game:
    http://conqueronline.com/
    (mind yourself, it can be addictive).

4. Idealtim

Idealtim LawnSite Senior Member

If you have a good shop, maintenance, checkups, oil changes and blade sharpenings. Or in your case, drool on new equipment!

5. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Send the rain to Texas if you don't want it. I sure would like to make some money.

6. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

It was a boring day for sure today. Weathers looking the same for tommorow as well. Well see what happens.............

7. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

My wife just told me she heard that we might get snow next week.
    Oh ya. I'm in Canada. We always have snow :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Seriously though, we had a lot of rain this week too. Some of my lawns have poor drainage and were like mowing on soggy sponge. Made a real mess.

8. Willofalltrades

Willofalltrades LawnSite Bronze Member

First off, this is a little childish buttt.... I envy your equipment. Walker, toro, and Ford.

Second lets hear a good review on the toro. Does the 23hp dsl have the kahonas to power the deck?

Third.. its good you took some rain off Northen Ohio's back. This week it has been unusually wet.

9. MANICURED LAWNS

MANICURED LAWNS LawnSite Member

The Toro has more than enough power my father has gas powered 27hp w/ 62 in deck and it'll blow right by him and the hillside stabilty is great, I'm guessing because of the added wieght from the diesel.