Rainy Days, what to do

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBoy627, Feb 11, 2013.

1. LawnBoy627

LawnBoy627 LawnSite Member

On days that are forecasted rain for most of the day. Do you guys even risk it getting out in it to work? I have a big clean up I was planning on doing today and tomorrow, but I checked the forecast and there a 80% chance of rain all day and tommorow. Im kinda irritated, because as of right now its dry as a bone outside. I should be out there working, but as soon as I get my equipment and head out the door it would start raining...

2. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I work until it gets to wet. Clean ups suck when its wet. But mowing can be done with the right mower until the ground gets to soft.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. LawnBoy627

LawnBoy627 LawnSite Member

Ya and the only mower I have that doesnt put tire marks in the ground when its wet is my 21'' push mower. I think I would rather not push mow an acre yard with a push mower, Ive done it before but never again...:nono:

4. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

On rainy days you can go purchase all the material you need for the rest of the week. Plants, Bushes, Gas, oil, String, Etc.

5. jsslawncare

jsslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

It's wet here, so Im catching up on everything I've DVR'ed.

6. pseudosun

pseudosun LawnSite Bronze Member

Pick up supplies, eat lunch in the park. I need weed n feed.

7. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

We have 100% chance till Wed, plus 2morrow is Mardi Gras. Decided to take advantage of the off time and finally get the babies room together. Getting ready to start painting while the wife is at work. Ive got 4 big cleanups lined up but they can wait till after this weather passes. Not in the mood to remulch beds in the mud.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Rainy days are good for doing "owner" stuff.

9. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I do mostly billing/ couch crashing on raining days. But only when its actually raining. I work till its raining usually

10. preciselawnky

preciselawnky LawnSite Member

i usually get all material organize my receipts or little jobs i can get done in the rain