1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

rainy days

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bobbygedd, May 3, 2004.

1. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

raining here in central jersey today. i aint doin nothin!! got me a 12 pack of silvers, 2 lbs of shrimp, and a 4 lb roast beef.aint gonna shower, change my socks, and it's 2:30 pm and i'm still contemplating on wether or not i should even brush my teeth. a man gotta be good to himself once in a while. who's relaxin today? who's got a wet butt?
  2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Hey Bobby, How ya doing? Same here my friend just waiting it out. It looks like the rest of the week should be nice so all us Jersey boys will be catching up on work.

Well, enjoy the rest of the day Bobby
  3. LawnMower

LawnMower LawnSite Senior Member

I went up to Providence and got my right to sell retail number. Now I can buy whole sale and sell retail. I'm going to send out all my statements today.

I sharpened my blades and changed the oil the other day, so I'm good there.

I haven't taken a shower or brushed my teeth. I had to wash my butt.......I had to. I got the itchy's bad, and washing it is the only thing that will take care of the itchy's.

So thats it so far.
  4. bobbygedd

from NJ

lawn mower, next time try taking off your pants BEFORE you go to the bathroom, this will help
  5. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

Yup same thing here in maryland. My dad and I just said screw it for today. Funny thing is I went to a couple stores and seen a ton of crew's mowing out in this pouring rain.
  6. Gravely_Man

Gravely_Man LawnSite Silver Member

Today is a nice maintenance and paper work catch up day. Every once in a while you need a day like today.

7. bobbygedd

from NJ

yea lazer i was hopin for a day like today. couldn't get sunday off like i wanted, so i'm makin it up.
  8. TheKingNJ

TheKingNJ LawnSite Senior Member

yeah i got nothin to do. Too much rain in northern NJ. I think i may go measure out a flower bed for a mulch job but after that, I gona kill a 6 of YeungLing Black and Tan

SCAG POWER LawnSite Senior Member

Well here is the rain soaked news from ApopkaFlorida.

It started raining at 9:30 am it is now 4:00 pm and it is still raining, got to meet with only one new customer this morning, and than it came down pooring every where.

Get this my wife called me on the cell phone and said did you get our yard done yet????????????????, and did you mulch it ??? WTF,
    hay dear it is raining, well it's not lighting is what she said, man she is rough,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Stay dry,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,:alien:
  10. HighGrass

HighGrass LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Z5 MA

I spent the day knocking on doors. Picked up a couple of accounts. Hung some hang tags. I love it when it rains. It's a day off only better!