Rainy Days

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TooTallLawncare, May 27, 2004.

1. TooTallLawncare

TooTallLawncare LawnSite Member
    from IL

Here in Illinois where I live, we have had 6 inches of rain the past 3 days. This is unbelieveable. I actually got some grass cut today for the first time in 2 days, but had to avoid many spots becasue of it being muddy and standing water. Came close to getting stuck a few times, but then decided it would be a safer bet to stay away from the wet spots. Not only have we had rain, but severe storms. They have knocked down many tree limbs and such giving me something to do in the next few days if I cannot cut grass. Anbody else out there have a extremely wet week?

Jason

2. competitiveimageland

competitiveimageland LawnSite Member

its starting to rain here in nj now but last year was the killer for us up here , but we do the same thing just catch up on other work or do some landscaping

3. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

thank God we have had a good week here. I just hope that it holds out and drys out up here.

4. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

You bet, we have had it all in st louis area. Tuesday we started getting the worst weather. Torrential downpours, and in the afternoon, some areas got golfball size hail. And wouldn't you know, I had to be there. the hail was actualy golfball size. My truck is beat up pretty bad from hail.
    It was so windy that it stripped most of the leaves off the trees. A lot of them are almost bare. lawns are laying in water and on top of that all of the leaves that came off the trees. Tointe more severe weather, tornado warnings, high winds and still more rain. It has been a bad week here.

5. competitiveimageland

my bobcat ztr has great weight diplacement so even when the turf is a lil spongy its not much of a prob , beside even if it makes a lil indent in the lawn its job security just go back once a year with the lawn rollers

6. competitiveimageland

thank god for eclosed trailers i got caught up in a hail storm on monday , was at the opposite end of a 2 acre lot though , the hail was only half the size of a golf ball no dents though

7. lawnmedic1

lawnmedic1 LawnSite Member

Ha, I guess we have been lucky this week, (Rain everyday, gave up on trying to measure) and the cicadas are swarming everywhere, But only 3 jobs left for the week(about 2-3 man hours)...Chuck

8. LwnmwrMan22

LwnmwrMan22 LawnSite Platinum Member

It's rained here 13 of the last 15 days. I'm so far behind with my mowing, I'll be back on schedule again Monday. :) It's not so much lately it's been alot of rain, but enough to keep everything from drying up nicely.

9. Burger

Burger LawnSite Member
    from Montana

Serious Rain fall here in Montana as well. The Creek is flowing fast enough I pulled the irrigation pump. Pointless to ruin or lose a pump when Ma Nature is doing its job for it.

10. rocksnlawns

rocksnlawns LawnSite Member

blah blah in a week we will all wish for rain