rainy friday

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by Without A Drought, May 9, 2008.

1. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Wasn't there a Tony Bennett song that went ~

"I left my brain,
    in Crawford, Texas..."

2. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Ah do believe that there was a Bob Wills number....

[​IMG]

3. Wet_Boots

them Texas Playboys is all alike

4. We use HA - HA pipe here as well. It's amazing how jealous the rest of the country is of Texas:)

5. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Oh now it's on brotha. :)

Jealous? You need a bigger cowboy hat for that inflated noggin of yours. Texans overcompensate their affection for Texas. Hugely populated cities? Colorado gets overrun at the ski resorts with Texans because they can't stand the flat lands any more. And those disappearing valves in the yard on a mainline? and licensing? And... And... you stole a classic hockey team many years ago. puh-leeeeze. yeah we're real jealous.

Hey, you started it. I'm just playin' along :laugh:

6. I know. We Texans love to hear Texas bashing. To us its water off a duck's back. Better to be hated than ignored.

Lot of CA people in CO as well. Doesn't Striesand have a place in Aspen? How Gross. We'll never have to worry about B.S. coming to Texas.

7. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Heck, I'm not bashing Texas.

I am jealous of the music scene in Austin... (is Austin really considered part of Texas by folks in Dallas and other parts?)

And I'd love to try some of that real Texas chili.

And I've wanted an American Fat Strat Texas Special guitar from the first time I heard one...

Somehow the closest I've ever come to Texas was Truth or Consequences, New Mexico... about 30 years ago...

8. Wet_Boots

Try some of the Tigua reservation cafeteria green chili - your lips may fall off.

9. We love AUSTIN. Think of it as our funny eccentric Uncle.

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Raining here (Thursday May 14th) since 1:00 AM. Little bit of snow at my house now. High 50 today. Monday, 83.