Rainy Season

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by billslawn89, Jun 28, 2011.

1. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

Well, I guess the rainy season has started, at least for my area in the south west ! I had to quit early, around 1pm the last two days cuz of the rain. Some of my clients yards are growing like crazy, and a few are still bone dry. Last week I had hit and miss rain, but last two days, its been all around, so time to keep them blades sharp cuz the bahia is growing fast. I was at a clients yard this morning and I must of been cutting 6 inches off, at 3.5 inch deck height. wow! I guess my rain dances are working..haha!...How's everybody else doing.

2. Hey Bill. We had good rain over the weekend and looks like more this week. I truly prefer it to the bone dry hot drought we had until now. After 3 months we are in the clear anyways so I don't mind it too much.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. capelawncare.com

capelawncare.com LawnSite Fanatic

Bill, I am a little south of you, we experienced about the same conditions here. After only a couple days of rain, I am wishing for dryer conditions LOL

4. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo Guys

While we sure can use the Rain. It is coming out of the South instead of our normal rain pattern from the N W. Last several days our Rain storms are in fact coming much earlier in the day than our traditional Rainy Season. Also not that I am complaining we are getting a lot more rain per day than normal.

I am just as hopeful for a good Rainy Season but the days when you could set your watch by the rain are over.

5. I agree with you on the clock. I remember a few years ago when it would rain everyday around 3-4 pm. Not anymore. I remember when I traveled to Ecuador 4 years ago, you could def set your watch to the rain. Oh well, at least no more drought.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. zturncutter

zturncutter LawnSite Bronze Member

Very odd June, never recall the first half of the month so dry and now large areas of rain almost constantly drifting up from the South. Pond on my property has never been dry at this time of year since it was dug in 1987, but it is right now even with the rain of the last few days.:confused:

7. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

I just read a article in the hearld tribune that the moisture is coming from that tropical disturbance in the far southwestern Gulf of Mexico. Well needed rain for sure.

8. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Bill

Traditionally not only our Hurricanes but our No Name Storms have come out of the S W. ComCast weather channel does a fairly good job of reporting the Weather and I relay on them when I am home and on wunderground.com on my computer in my Spray trucks.

This rain is really messing up my work schedule.

9. More rain very early this AM and more this afternoon. 80% tomm and 50% on Friday. Was able to work through it today. I dont mind it one bit, all my yards are looking great!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Me neither. I've done a bunch of summer color installs the past 2 seeks. I sleep better not wondering if the customers are watering enough.
    Posted via Mobile Device