Rainy Season

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by billslawn89, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

Really sucks for those guys who only have belt drive wb. But cheer up guys, were getting a new half billion dollar choo choo on old tracks and on our tickets. Damn, now I'm depressed again.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

Could this be what the Kock brothers wanted to discuss with him? Interesting to say the least.

3. More rain today for about 30 min. It has now rained 7/8 days to some extent....
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. billslawn89

billslawn89 LawnSite Bronze Member

yep! same here and still raining. my rain gauge says 0.67 inches. almost got the scag stuck in a ditch today, but got lucky this time. :dizzy:

5. I totally dont mind it. It cools the temps down and helps the turf and plants. I know my customers love it bc they get to save on thier water bill.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. billslawn89

i heard on t.v. this morning about a tropical wave suppose to give us more moisture for the weekend, but have to tune in to local weather for a update. and yes, clients love the rain. i shut my irrigation off about two weeks ago.

7. In all reality we only have to get through the next 3 months and then winter!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. billslawn89

lol. i was thinking that last week about the heat already! haha

9. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

It's like basic training. 12 weeks or so of pure hell :laugh:

10. yea and you guys in central fl have it worse than me on the coast with the ocean breeze.....

I dont count Oct as summer as even though it is weekly on nice yards, everything starts to really slow down and bahia really slows down....