Rainy Season

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by billslawn89, Jun 28, 2011.

1. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Hey What a Great 4th of July. The water came to my boat instead of me taking the boat to water.

2. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

I don't want to jinx it, but the last 10 days have been what I would call normal summer days. Rains I can deal with, without getting too far behind. Normal temps. The old normal that is, mid-80's to low-90's. Partly cloudy for part of the day. And night time low temps in the mid-70's instead of 88F at 11pm.

3. I agree. If the rest of the summer is like the last week, I will be a happy camper.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

The countdown has officially started. I was thinking about this the other day. Today was a breeze....nice weather, lawns had grown but not too much except a few.

5. Yea we did half of an install today. Worked under 2 large bantams, breeze, wind, and rain. I wish all of them could be like this.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

These are some freaky storms right now. They come out of nowhere and its a lake falls out of the sky. There's a foot of standing water on some streets. Oh well I'm done for today.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Keith

Looks like I'm done for the day too. I still had three that needed to be done, but it's a wash.

8. We had a day off lol but 60% the next 2 days so we should def see more rain this week.
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. Landscape Poet

Landscape Poet LawnSite Gold Member

I am looking today - tomorrow and Friday are looking a little different though. Good news is that the hard rains have not hear in a couple days which has allowed things to dry out in most lawns, at least lawns that do not have any grading/drainage issues.

10. Keith

Another couple inches Thursday after 3 on Tuesday. Looks like another washout for Friday. The mulch kit may have to come off next week.