raise your hand......

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by NC_Irrigator, Aug 17, 2008.

1. NC_Irrigator

NC_Irrigator LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

If you are a CIC

NC just passed a law a few weeks ago enacting Jan 1st 09 everyone become licensed in our state. (by taking the IA exam)

anyone got some exam study books they would like to part with?, i see the recommended one is by jim watkins

any opinions on becoming certified irrigation a auditor?
  2. Mike Leary

Mike Leary LawnSite Fanatic

That's just fine, are systems inspected for 80% coverage by the state or
    locals? As our Texas buddies have said, it still does not prevent crappy
    systems from being installed.
  3. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

they finally did it eh. Did they close the loop holes they originally had in it as far as being a registered lc or "grandfathering" in people
  4. irrig8r

irrig8r LawnSite Platinum Member

Very interesting. I've been meaning to take the exam for a few years but always get sidetracked.

I had intended this past spring to sit for the exam next week at Cal Poly SLO, but never got around ordering the workbook or the current version of the Turf Irrigation Manual (my copy is a hardcover from the mid 80's)... or applying to take the exam...just forgot about it all...

So it looks like I'll be signing up for an exam at SLO in December...or maybe November in Anaheim..

In fact after reading Eddie's post I went to the IA site and ordered the books about 20 minutes ago...
  5. If a Texan with a Texas Irrigators License moves to NC does he get grandfathered in?:) If not we should for being so friggin progressive and establishing a model for the rest of the country.:rolleyes:
  6. Mike Leary

The 6" pit box rule should get lots of support up north.
  7. txgrassguy

txgrassguy LawnSite Gold Member

Fimco, I think other state's would be so friggin amazed we license anything here in Texas it should be a snap.
    But wait, wouldn't Kiril be dissed?:rolleyes:
  8. Mike Leary

That will be the day.
  9. RI_Ohio

RI_Ohio LawnSite Member

CIC, CLIA, Backflow Tester
  10. Mike Leary

Welcome to the (cough) forum.