Raised bed next to an edged bed?

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by Townhouse Yards, Jun 30, 2014.

1. Townhouse Yards

Townhouse Yards LawnSite Senior Member
    from VA

Hopefully this is the right place to post the question. Would a stone raised bed on one side of the house look weird with just an edged bed on the other side? I will post some pictures for clarification. The first pic would be the edged bed, while the second would be the raised. The last is the entire front. I am solely wondering if anyone thinks it would look weird or out of place. Thanks for your help.

IMAG0697.jpg

IMAG0704.jpg

IMAG0707.jpg

2. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

I would start with getting rid of most of the bushes they are overpowering the look of the house. I think a raised bed on the left sidemonly wtould be fine, if designed right.

3. Townhouse Yards

from VA

Would you remove the two trees on the corner of the house as well? Thank you for your response.

4. sehitchman

sehitchman LawnSite Senior Member

Looking at the house from the street, the left side I'd do a raised bed. Along the stepped walk you will need some type of edge material that will hold the mulch and dirt back. Get rid of most of the bushes and big trees and start over. Also remove the big bush along the drive.

5. larryinalabama

larryinalabama LawnSite Fanatic

The siding is too low to the ground, you will cause major problems with raised beds.

I would do some serious trimming.

6. Townhouse Yards

from VA