Raised Paver Patio-Tips/Advice (Pics)

Discussion in 'Hardscaping' started by jonmcmeen, Dec 1, 2007.

1. jonmcmeen

jonmcmeen LawnSite Member

Hi- I don't post that much on this board, but I read it for hours each day! I thought that I would "take a risk" and post some pics of a patio that I did this year. It was built using CST Pavers and Versa-lok. It is a raised patio- created from a sloped property. (Sorry if my pics are a little vague. It was hard to take pictures of the entire patio.)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Grass Happens

Grass Happens LawnSite Senior Member

wow, thats a pretty nice job there!

3. humble1

humble1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from MA

looks good you should try to upsell a low voltage lighting system, looks like they are going to entertain alot

4. PlatinumLandCon

PlatinumLandCon LawnSite Bronze Member

The only thing I see is that the columns could look wierd looking from the patio since they aren't parallel. Overall, it looks pretty nice.

5. Top Dog Pavers

Top Dog Pavers LawnSite Member

Nice job.....But the Columns? Did you angle them in? Why?

6. jonmcmeen

jonmcmeen LawnSite Member

Thanks for the comments. I must admit- I didn't even think of the lighting angle when I bid the project. Thanks for the input. Something to sell next season.

In regards to the Pillars- The customer thought that they would look better angled from the view point of his back yard. I guess you could say it is something a little "different." I always steer customers away from bad ideas but given this was the ONLY thing he said anything about i figured it was just a minor issue.

7. ZX12R

ZX12R LawnSite Senior Member

Like others,I am not fond of angled pillars,but,your work looks good jon!

8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

i bet the ho was shooting for having to pillars angled to give it a "depth" you see that a lot in classical architecture but you really need more steps (a lot more steps) to make it work. if done right it'll make the stair case look longer, but like everyone else said this wasn't the place for it. good job though, looks very nice.

9. ChampionLS

ChampionLS LawnSite Bronze Member

The pillars don't appear to be angled.. I think your seeing the wall block stepping back each course, which gives it that effect. I feel the pillars would look better with a thicker cap and more overhang.

10. Top Dog Pavers

Top Dog Pavers LawnSite Member

They are angled!
    In regards to the Pillars- The customer thought that they would look better angled from the view point of his back yard. I guess you could say it is something a little "different." I always steer customers away from bad ideas but given this was the ONLY thing he said anything about i figured it was just a minor issue