Raised Pond

Discussion in 'Water Features' started by Travel'n Trees, Sep 17, 2006.

1. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone do raised ponds? I have a customer wanting a raised pond for her mother out of celtic wall.

2. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

There was an excellent site I found a few years ago, concerning the construction of above-ground ponds. I saved it to my favorites, but it's not there now. I'll see if I can't dig it up.

Above ground ponds are big in England. That's where the guy who started this page is from.

Vic

3. Travel'n Trees

Travel'n Trees LawnSite Senior Member

Would appreciate it! Thanks Dave.

4. Victor

Victor LawnSite Bronze Member

I looked for that site, but I can't find it. Sorry.

Vic

5. Waterscapes By Design

Waterscapes By Design LawnSite Member

Above ground ponds are pretty darn easy to build, and the neat thing is...If she has grandkids (or even the adults) you can put in a plexi-glass window on the side for them to look through as well (helps to have lights in there of course).

I built one awhile back and used cinderblocks <sp> stacked 2 high into a circle. Then went and bought some stucco concrete mix and color, and put those over the blocks so it had a nice finish around it and kinda smoothed out the circle. Put plastic on the inside, filled with some dirt, then put down cardboard and a liner and filled.....

Another good thing you could use are those garden blocks they sell everywhere now days that come in different colors and have a kinda "T" on the back side to interlock with the other bricks....

Another one I did for a customer was a koi pond/ water garden. I actually copied another guys I saw somewhere on the net.....But I used yard timbers stacked like 7 high and it was long and rectangular, fit up against the side of a house, it had 3 of those cheap lil fountain heads (for aeration) and some water lillies and lotus flowers, with about 4 full grown koi in it