Raised price per app substantially

Discussion in 'Pesticide & Herbicide Application' started by DFW Area Landscaper, Jan 12, 2008.

1. DFW Area Landscaper

DFW Area Landscaper LawnSite Silver Member
    from DFW, TX

After learning yesterday morning that prices were going up 50% on fertilizer, I called another LCO that only does chemical treatments. He was also completely unaware that we were facing a 50% increase in prices on fert.

Anyway, after 15 minutes of careful thought, I decided to log into the website and raise prices on chem treatments. We were at $42 per app on a 1/4 acre lot, discounted to $39 if the client didn't need the call-ahead. I raised prices to $49 per app and discounted to $46.

Within an hour, the phone rang and lady had been referred to us by another client. She didn't seem to think $46 was unreasonable at all.

I also increased Fire Ant prices from $107 on a 1/4 acre lot to $137 and I increased lawn mowing prices by $1 per cut.

We'll see how things go this spring. I have a feeling I'm leaving money on the table at $46 per app. My best friend uses Scott's and he was already paying that kind of price for a 1/4 acre lot.

How many folks are increasing prices on EXISTING clients for chemical treatments this season? If so, by what percentage? What percentage are canceling over the price increase?

Thanks in advance,
    DFW Area Landscaper

2. Rayholio

Rayholio LawnSite Bronze Member

I went from 47, up to 52.. some were being charged less than the 47... also brought them up to my new minimum $5.20 per 1,000

3. ted putnam

ted putnam LawnSite Platinum Member

Uh....I'm higher than that. At your rate/1000 you'll pass me in about 3000 ft though...

4. advanced irrigation

advanced irrigation LawnSite Senior Member
    from tx

is 1.5 cents per sq ft on par for weed control per app?

5. garydale

garydale LawnSite Senior Member

We raised everything 2.5%.

We purchased all material for R-1, R-2, R-3 last month at last years prices.

Next year ????????

6. LawnsRUsInc.

LawnsRUsInc. LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

What provider do you go threw that your chemicals went up 50%