Raising Contract Price

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by acadianalawn, May 8, 2005.

1. acadianalawn

acadianalawn LawnSite Member

Does anyone have a template letter or know where I can get a template letter to send to my customers letting them know I am increasing their contract price due to increase of operational cost (fuel, insurance, equipment, etc. thanks for the help

2. packerbacker

packerbacker LawnSite Bronze Member

Did you include the possible price increase in the contract in the first place? If not then good luck getting them to pay more.

3. ALAN'S LAWN CARE

ALAN'S LAWN CARE LawnSite Member
    from IOWA

i have this on one of my programs...

Month Day, Year

RE: Price Increase

Dear

Effective July 1st, we’re forced to increase the price of our mowing service from $ per mowing to $ per mowing.

In the past few years we have had to pay increasingly higher prices for gasoline, machine and vehicle maintenance.
    We have always just absorbed these costs in the past but we are no longer able to do so.

Since our goal is to continue to provide the highest quality services for all of our clients, we believe that this is our best course of action.

We hope that you’ll agree that even with the new price, Alan’s Lawn Care remains a great service provider in this area.

If you have any questions about this matter or anything else, do not hesitate to contact me any time.

Respectfully,

4. Team Gopher

Team Gopher LawnSite Platinum Member
    from -

<marquee loop="infinite" bgcolor="#DDDDDF"><font color="#000000">Have a tax question? Ask our CPA. Click Here </font></marquee>

Looks good ALAN'S LAWN CARE.