1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

raising deck

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by seasonal services, May 2, 2004.

1. seasonal services

seasonal services LawnSite Member
    from ohio

I have a 36" and 48" metro and when i bought it from the dealer the blade spacers were 2 above and 2 below but it was cutting way too low. So now i have 3 above and 1 below but it is still cutting some yards too low. It seems like the deck on the 48 srapes on the grass and scalps it alot. when i measure the blade off the ground i get it says like 3 1/8". I was wondering if i could raise the deck up so it doesnt scrape so much. I want to be cutting at like 3.5 - 3.75 because that seems like what most guys around here are cutting.
  2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

To get the best possible cut at cutting heights in the 3.75" range you will probably need to lower the rear axle to the "E" setting. This will raise the rear of the engine deck to the maximum height. From there you can add and remove front caster spacers and blade spacers as necessary to reach the cutting height you’re looking for. You can get to 3.75 at the "D" setting but the cut should be better with the axle moved to "E". You can use the chart in your operator’s manual to determine the how many spacers and washers to remove.

If you don't have the manual you can download most of them from the technical support section of our web page or send me an e-mail to terry.eckert@exmark.com with your name address and serial number and I can probably get you one as well.