Lawn Care Forum banner

raising price with renewal

3K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  grandview (2006) 
#1 ·
So I had my guys keep track of all the time they spent at every property this past summer. I am just getting done going over all the information and am realizing that some of my lawn pricing is right on target, some are high and some are underpriced, some by $5 per cut.

I will be raising these low ones up when I send out renewal letters. Should I tell them I underpriced their lawn from the beginning? Or should I give another excuse?

I know I may lose some lawns but I am willing to lose a few that are losers anyway if I can not get them to pay what the lawn is worth.

What would you do?

#3 ·
Yep I am going to do the same thing. The food store doesn't give you an explanation when all of their stuff doubles in price, I don't feel the need to explain myself over 5 to 10%.

#7 ·
Get exak time pocket clock. Instead of spending hours or days going over your employees time cards. Just look up the info on the data base, well worth the investment

#9 · (Edited)
Look just explain to them that thanks to Obama, beer prices have gone up and you need to compensate for that to sustain your current drinking habit.....

haha j/k. Trust me, I'm in the same boat you are and I was worried about the same thing when I sent out my first renewal on the 2nd of this month. My clients price went up significantly. 2 weeks later, I had a signed contract for the new amount, no questions asked. In this economy, people understand.

#11 ·
Yup, just sent it out. I include a letter with mine that states that some of you will see a price increase and some mumbo jumbo that we try to keep any such increase to a minimum but that it's necessary in order to continue to provide the same high level of service they are accustomed to. But I don't go into any detail on why the price is going up or apologize. I have always tracked my times down to the minute on every lawn, but I don't always analyze the data.

#13 ·
I raise prices 2-8 % every year to keep up with inflation and costs. One accounts that I have over priced I will still raise even if its only a quarter! Ones I have under priced, I'll raise as much as possible, but sometimes you can't fix it in one year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.