Raising prices due to gas prices

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by BobbyKnight, Apr 4, 2005.

1. BobbyKnight

BobbyKnight LawnSite Member

Maybe I have missed this in recent weeks, but I was just wonder: Is anyone raising their prices/mowing due to the rise in gas prices? Or, is everyone staying put on their prices?

I know prices vary from one area to the next. In my area we are probably up 40 to 60 cents/gallon in comparison to last year. Just this morning when I was driving to work once gas station had 2.12/gallon. At lunch time it was 2.39/gallon.

What are your thoughts on this...besides...you should have gotten gas this morning! HA!

2. br549oicu8

br549oicu8 LawnSite Bronze Member

When fuel costs are above $1.55 per gallon all of our contracts call for a $1 per mowing fuel surcharge. This does help offset the cost somewhat. One crew averages 26-28 lawns a day and the other 12-16 so...added up it does help offset. We have not differentiated between lawn sizes which also makes sense. I guess we will see what our oil barons decide to do to us next!!! :realmad:

3. westwind

westwind LawnSite Senior Member

we charge a fuel sur-charge after 1.90, however since we have been above that for awhile, we are estimating accordingly. Customers will understand the increase due to fuel costs.