1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Raising Prices? When?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by PRECISION LC, Jan 18, 2003.

PRECISION LC LawnSite Member

When do you think is a good estimated time to have a customers before you raise your prices. Do you raise all the prices or just the ones that have been with you for a certain length of time?
  2. KDJ

KDJ LawnSite Senior Member

I pick and choose, always looking at the bottom line. If I gave a price of 35.00 per cut - and should have charged 40.00 I would let them know even after one cut. I have no problem moving on.
  3. jslawncare

jslawncare LawnSite Member

Let them know why they are being raised, and I'm sure most should be understandable as long as its not a huge increase and your doing a good job.;) Esp if its around the gas hike (great time id think)
  4. Nebraska

Nebraska LawnSite Senior Member

For maintenance customers we do it in the middle of the summer when we know they are happy with the work and can look out the window and see what they are actually getting. Not in the early spring when competition is strong and when their memory is rather short lived regarding last years work.
  5. Randy Scott

Randy Scott LawnSite Bronze Member

Every year a little bit. Keep them used to it. Cost of living sure as heck hasn't been going down, has it?