1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Raising Prices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by LawnBrother, Nov 1, 2006.

1. LawnBrother

LawnBrother LawnSite Senior Member
    from SW Ohio

Ok, who is raising their prices next season? I am, but I haven't decided if I just want to raise all prices across the board by a certain percentage, or selectively raise prices. I think that an across-the-board percentage raise would be well accepted, however most are already where I would like them to be, so I will most likeley be selective and use a percentage-based increase. I would like to avoid turnover due to rates, what's your method and reasoning for your increase?

2. TNT LawnCare Inc.

TNT LawnCare Inc. LawnSite Bronze Member

I will also be raising rates next season. Tell your clients its do to cost of living and market expense. And because your worth it.

3. nobagger

nobagger LawnSite Gold Member
    from Pa

We are, but only to a select group of out of the way customers who I don't wish to keep any way (they through the whole route off). I only would raise them a couple of bucks or so.

4. Fantasy Lawns

Fantasy Lawns LawnSite Bronze Member

I just finish my latest 3 year increase ..... raised 1/3 my base each year until I get back to the orginal 1/3 n by that time it's been 3 years

Sssooo 1/3 1 year .... next other 1/3rd 2nd year .....n final 1/3 the 3rd year

Works good n is easy to deal with only 1/3 the questions should they arise .... which they really don't .... also I send out a letter 30 ahead ....n I don't send that May ..... so the heats starting too cook by June

5. ECS

ECS LawnSite Bronze Member

I raised all my lawn prices by 46% this year. I do not see a need to raise them again next year. I saved a lot of time on each lawn this year and ended up better than I anticipated so my prices will remain the same.