Rake and shovel storage

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by Daner, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Daner

Daner LawnSite Bronze Member

Were do you store your rakes and shovels on your trailer
    Iwant to keep them off the floor any Ideas??:waving:

2. mrbray101

mrbray101 LawnSite Senior Member

I bought a peice of black pvc that was either 8" or 10" diameter. Just bolted it onto the side walls of the trailer and it holds a pointed shovel, flat, rake, loppers, space, and axe. I got the big pvc at lowes, i guess its some sort or pipe for drainage. It is about 2 feet long probably. It was fine straight up but I didnt want everything that high so I gave it a slight angle towards the back of the trailer so everything sits down lower.

This works great for me, I know you can buy actual storage racks though.

3. sikagrass

sikagrass LawnSite Member

I used some scrap pvc and mounted it to the expanded mesh with hd plastic ties,painted everything black.One for the rake,one for trash grabber, one for the loppers. Nice to not have to look for something.

4. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

I have the trimmertrap racks, and made my own tool holder to go in between theirs instead of buying theirs. was alot cheaper and allowed me to have everything lower.

5. one man gang

one man gang LawnSite Fanatic
    from N. In.

I got the pvc for mine too but I back my trailer into my garage everyday and it's too low for rakes and such. I thought about angling toward the back but I worry about them getting blown out while on the highway. No need to worry now, thanks.

6. Daner

thanks guys i made a rack you can see the pics on my posts

7. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

Daner, you going to Jutzi's sale next weekend?

8. The Yard Barber Inc.

The Yard Barber Inc. LawnSite Member

3"pvc pipe 4 ft long drilled through the front of the pipe then screw the back to a 2x10 and mount it where you want on trailer, dump etc...

9. Daner

Hey there...UIhave not herd of Jutzi's...But I,m going to Ed stewarts sale today/// i have to pick up my new B-P sTIHL 600 there...and check out what else they have...Ibeter be good Moma is coming with me...She say that i have far too many toys:clapping: :dancing:
    Cheers:drinkup: