Rake attachment for Z turn?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by tjcezar, Sep 28, 2007.

1. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

What is the name of the rake attachment that mounts to the front of a mower for pushing leaves? I thought it was a Jericho rake but can't find any info on it. Thanks guys!!!!

2. ojpent

ojpent LawnSite Member

It's called JRCO, and the unit for pushing leaves is there leaf plow. The website is www.jrcoinc.com

3. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Yes, the rake and the leaf plow are two different things. The rake does push some bulks of leaves, though.

4. tjcezar

tjcezar LawnSite Member
    from PA

thanks guys. Any comments on how well they work?

5. stick9

stick9 LawnSite Senior Member

Used to use the plow every year. As long as you pay attention, (and the leaves aren't too wet) it works great! Make sure you know where you're plowing -- sprinker heads, other miscellaneous things in the yard, etc can get in the way really quick.

6. Tahoe1889

Tahoe1889 LawnSite Member

I love my Jrco Leaf Plow. Cuts the time to collect leaves greatly. A blower can only blow so much. so I blow to a big line then push the line out to the street. you get windrows but you can go back and push the bulk off again, and keep blowin. Just bought a JRCO Tine Thatcher comes tomorrow so dont know how that works yet.

7. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

i make my own folding version of how a leaf plow should be for myself and others. if you do a search on you you can find pictures of it. if not i can post pictures.
    i used to have a jrco one but hated it as it wouldn't work all that well and would bend if you hit a slight hard spot in the ground.

8. LandscaperPro

LandscaperPro Sponsor

9. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare LawnSite Senior Member
    from iowa

heres a pic of a couple leaf plows and my multi purpose dethatcher i make and sell.

DCP01579.JPG