Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by gunputt, Mar 30, 2002.

1. gunputt

gunputt LawnSite Member

Is a 30'' wide rake the biggest you can get?
  2. Ground Master

Ground Master LawnSite Senior Member

its the biggest I've seen
  3. keifer

keifer LawnSite Senior Member

Depends on what kind of rake you have in mind. there are some you pull behind around six feet.
  4. Turfdude

Turfdude LawnSite Bronze Member

The 30" Disston Poly's hold up a lot better than the AMES!!
  5. Wayne Offiler

Wayne Offiler LawnSite Member

A rake? Whats that for? As for cleanups, my Echo PB650, 9hp Little Wonder push blower and double blade Gator Magnums make quick work of lawns.
  6. ohiolawnguy

ohiolawnguy LawnSite Senior Member

i am assuming you ean leaf rakes. ive seen them as large as 36', but those are usually the plastic type, and i hate plastic rakes.

we used to buy all of our rakes at sears hardware because their metal tine rakes had a five year warranty. break it, and trade it in. all you needed was to keep a copy of the receit. once a year, we would gather up the broken rakes and take them back. then buy however many more we felt necessary it was great. now, they have poly/metal combined rakes in place of the all metal rakes. the tines are still meta, but the fan part is plastic.
  7. landscaper3

landscaper3 LawnSite Bronze Member

8. LawnCrafters

LawnCrafters LawnSite Member

Ames makes their Greensweeper rake (poly) 36" wide. Just came out last year.
  9. wxmn6

wxmn6 LawnSite Member

You would like a wide rake, but not too wide. Try to rake damp leaves with 30" & 36", you will see how hard it is to use it. I like 24" rake. It is a good size rake to use and does not strain as much as wider rakes would do.
  10. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Five year? The rakes I buy are a lifetime warranty! I also don't need a receipt. I buy almost all craftsman hand tools. If one breaks, I bring it back, and pick up a new one. No questions asked.

I have returned several shovels and rakes, and everytime they just give me a new one, no questions asked. Can't beat that!