Ramps for box trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Logan's Landscaping, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Logan's Landscaping

Logan's Landscaping LawnSite Member

Anyone know where i could get a fold out ramp for box truck?

2. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

US Ramps at I beleive www.doasearch.com LOL honestly I forget the ite but its easy and on this site somewhere.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Ahhhh no "s" on the ramps.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

Yep and you had us ramps and its usa ramp, you were close, I just got it from the turf magazine

6. Jeff@SGLC.ca

I actually edited my post 3 times even after doing a quick search and finally came up w ith my current link....no patience at this time of night lol.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

I hear ya, Im tired and about a sleep, maybe time for bed lol

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

In order to get the proper angle all box truck ramps are mounted on the end of a beaver tail. Without the beaver tail the ramps would have to be approximately 11" long. By all box trucks I mean the 12-14000# gvw trucks such as Isuzu's NPR series. I recently sold my 2003 NPR just before driving to Atlanta to have a beaver tail & ramp installed. We used it for delivery and most of the time it pulled a trailer. With the ramp installed we would have lost the hitch so we went back to a pickup.

Someone may be building a bi-fold ramp but it would be quite heavy and would require very large assist springs.

Oldtimer