1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ramps for box trucks

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Logan's Landscaping, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Logan's Landscaping

Logan's Landscaping LawnSite Member

Anyone know where i could get a fold out ramp for box truck?

2. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

US Ramps at I beleive www.doasearch.com LOL honestly I forget the ite but its easy and on this site somewhere.

3. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Ahhhh no "s" on the ramps.

5. grass_cuttin_fool

Yep and you had us ramps and its usa ramp, you were close, I just got it from the turf magazine

6. Jeff@SGLC.ca

I actually edited my post 3 times even after doing a quick search and finally came up w ith my current link....no patience at this time of night lol.

7. grass_cuttin_fool

I hear ya, Im tired and about a sleep, maybe time for bed lol

8. Oldtimer

Oldtimer LawnSite Bronze Member

In order to get the proper angle all box truck ramps are mounted on the end of a beaver tail. Without the beaver tail the ramps would have to be approximately 11" long. By all box trucks I mean the 12-14000# gvw trucks such as Isuzu's NPR series. I recently sold my 2003 NPR just before driving to Atlanta to have a beaver tail & ramp installed. We used it for delivery and most of the time it pulled a trailer. With the ramp installed we would have lost the hitch so we went back to a pickup.

Someone may be building a bi-fold ramp but it would be quite heavy and would require very large assist springs.

Oldtimer