1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ramps for Dingo to load dump truck!

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by Brian M, May 13, 2008.

1. Brian M

Brian M LawnSite Member
    from CT

Has anyone made a set of ramps to allow you to fully load a dump truck.
    From ground level I can't fully empty my bucket. I have a 2500HD with a dumpbed insert and the total height is 63" which doesn't allow me to fully curl (dump) the bucket.

If anyone had the same problem and had to make ramps, can you send me some pictures or give a few ideas on the best way to make up a set of ramps or use the slideout trailer ramps on a 12"x12" beam to give the needed height to fully load my insert.

Does anyone have problems loading a lowboy dump with a Dingo?
  2. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

What about if you set your flat deck trailer beside the truck and used that?
  3. ProLandscapes

ProLandscapes LawnSite Member

Good advice. Im going to try that since our dingo wont dump into the dump trailer.
  4. Brian M

Brian M LawnSite Member
    from CT

That's an idea, but it wouldn't work for every situation, like on a busy street. I'd have to be double parked and I'd be blocking the road!
  5. 44DCNF

44DCNF LawnSite Bronze Member

Build a dirt ramp?
  6. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Park the trailer in the lawn, and pull the truck beside it on the curb side of the road, or put them side by side in the drive way with the owner's vehicle(s) on the road or send them to Dunkin' Donuts.
  7. Mr. Vern

Mr. Vern LawnSite Senior Member

We sometimes will just throw a bunch of 4x4's or 4x12's on the ground and drive up on them. We ended up buying 4n1 buckets so we don't have to dump it, we just open it - works well with our dump trailers, but not so sure about a large dump truck.
  8. Fatboy

Fatboy LawnSite Member

I regularly load a low pro dump with my Kanga mini skid. If fact this week I put a half load of topsoil in the front and loaded the Kanga on the rear of the 8' dump. The bucket was on top of the dirt.
    Worked rather well.