1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Ran over my first...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MileHigh, May 22, 2008.

1. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

Ran over my first newspaper of the year....with the blades engaged, on an initial mow, with residents outside.

the paper shredded into a good million pieces...took me a good half an hour to clean it up good enough to not even know it happend, but it made me super ticked, took up valuable time, looked real bad, and I don't think they'll be reading there morning paper.

Anyone else been running over some things you shouldn't?

2. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

I once accidentally Hit a baby bunny after a long period of rain when the grass was real long. They built a nest in the lawn that i didnt see

3. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

You name it I have ran it over at one time I think LOL

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Amen to tht!!

5. MileHigh

MileHigh LawnSite Silver Member

oh man...wish I was there.

6. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

The paper thing really hits home. One time I was cutting my own lawn when this gorgeous girl was walking down the sidewalk on the other side of the street. I was watching her more then the lawn, when BAM! I hit my own newspaper. I was instantly turned into a mountain of mush. It was like my manhood was stripped from me. She was laughing so hard at me. I think she felt bad after seeing my head hanging down. She came over and with her beautiful smile said thank you. I asked why and she said she was having a bad day and my mistake made her laugh. Well I asked if I could buy her a cup of coffee, and she said yes. We dated for about six months until she move. Good Times. I keep looking for more newspapers within pretty girls view.:laugh:

7. LawnTamer

LawnTamer LawnSite Gold Member

I've run over a newspaper, it took about 30 minutes to clean up. Other highlights include chopping a gopher in half, and running over my own truck keys, (hole in pocket). I had to call my wife and have her bring the spare set.

8. tilawn

tilawn LawnSite Member

anybody know how tall a box turtle is? I do right at 3.25 inches that is before i ran over it with deck set at 3 inches

9. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

jeez yes. I ran over a squirrel today with my 21" that must have been burrowed in some leaves in one of my residential customer's yards. Came out in two pieces, yuck......
    Mower did not kill.
    Bad thing is, I swear their neighbor had a squirrel feeder not more than 25 paces from where I hit the sucker. Lets just say I got the job done and got out fast.....

10. corey4671

corey4671 LawnSite Silver Member

hit a metal water meter cover last year on a charity job. Shot that thing across the street a good 50 yards. good thing the house was brick and the truck was parked where it was....didn't even phase the Warrior.