Ranger?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lildog132, Jan 17, 2004.

1. lildog132

lildog132 LawnSite Member

I sold my older 94' F-150 and bought a 98' Ford Ranger V6 3.0 L. All I have is a 36" scag that I roll up with aluminum ramps into the bed and a trimmer. I dont think it would be a problem for the truck, but just making sure? Tough Enough? And when I do decide to get a trailor, will it be able to hull that and maybe a 48"?

2. SHOW ME STATE RIDER

SHOW ME STATE RIDER LawnSite Member
    from MO

3. Avery

Avery LawnSite Bronze Member

IMO you will be pushing it when you add the trailer and 48" And carrying you mower in the bed of a p/u is going to severly limit the work you can do.

4. satxmow

satxmow LawnSite Member
    from tx

i have a 32" gravely and a ranger. i also bought the ramps and drove the gravely up the ramps. its bothersome and time consuming. you have to make sure the ramps stay on tight. Its a long drop if your off:mad: i also felt it did not look professional imo. everything fits tight as well no room for much more. a friend let me borrow his trailer till i recieved mine.

5. lildog132

yea, well im not really thinking about going any further then just my 36". And all im going to be doing is the simple mow, trim, blow. So its not going to "severly limit whatever.....". so using the truck just to put the 36 in the bed and a few other things will be fine right?

6. FrankenScagMachines

FrankenScagMachines LawnSite Platinum Member
    from IN

yes 36 in bed is no problem if thats what you wanna do. If you later get a trailer and a 48" keeping the 36", that would be the maximum I'd pull with a ranger on a regular basis. Maybe by that time you could get a bigger truck again.

7. chefdrp

chefdrp LawnSite Bronze Member

I had a ranger 4X4 edge. I pulled my 10 footer with a Z and my other stuff all season. I had no prob.

8. NCSULandscaper

NCSULandscaper Banned

Dont worry you will be just fine pulling a trailer, with both mowers on it. Used a Ranger for 2 years pulling a trailer and its still going strong with almost 100,000 miles on it.

9. juststarting023

juststarting023 LawnSite Member

I use a 98 ranger v6 3.0 also and I pull a 12 ft trailer and 2 bobcat 48 and 52 walkbehinds and all my stuff and have never had a problem yet and my truck has 75,000 on it and can probably get another 2 years out of it. You must do good preventive maintenance on it and all of your equipment.

10. lildog132

I dont doing matinence on my equipment has anything to do with how well my Ranger will hold up