Rank-em

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Prestige-Lawncare, Dec 9, 2006.

?

Your choice?

1. eXmark

41 vote(s)
    31.8%
  2. Hustler

10 vote(s)
    7.8%
  3. John Deere

10 vote(s)
    7.8%
  4. Toro

18 vote(s)
    14.0%
  5. Other

50 vote(s)
    38.8%
  1. Prestige-Lawncare

Prestige-Lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

This should get interesting ... rank the mowers by your choice and/or experience.

eXmark
    Hustler
    John Deere
    Toro
    Other

2. LCPullman

LCPullman LawnSite Senior Member

I'll rank as follows in the mid-size walk behind category:

Toro (#1 quality)
    Hustler (#1 customer support)
    Exmark
    Ferris
    any others

If I needed new equipment, I'd get either Toro or Hustler. As far as I'm concerned, those are the best brands for my area.

3. lawnprosteveo

lawnprosteveo LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Tulsa

I dont have anything against these other brands. The dealer I use primarily sell Toro, so its all Ive used. I did have a Scag wb for awhile. Good mower but my helpers couldnt get the hang of pistol grip controls.

My Toros are reliable, cut nice, cut fast, and are easy to maintain. Are they the best brand? I dont know but they have never let me down.

4. L.A.Lawns

L.A.Lawns LawnSite Member

We Use Dixie Choppers And Scag Walk Behinds
    The Dixie Has No Problems And Cuts Great,very User Friendly

5. L.A.Lawns

L.A.Lawns LawnSite Member

Never Had A Problem With The Scag Controls Seems Pretty Simple

6. Flex-Deck

Flex-Deck LawnSite Silver Member

If you want minimal maintainance, rare breakdowns, and good dealer service in this area, John Deere is the only machine. Thanks Brad

7. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

I think Scag should have had a spot. It's amazing with all the positive reviews on the 7 iron II deck that as of my vote Exmark has a 9 to 1 vote advantage. That tells me that the overall mower, not just the deck are important. Of course I've been to other sites that Dixie was always in the lead.

8. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You know I'm all for these popularity contests and what-not but the previous poll had it's last post only yesterday. You didn't find out then what the most popular mower was?

http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=164642

9. tacoma200

tacoma200 LawnSite Fanatic

Well considering Exmark and Toro are basically the same company they have the largest market share by far. I know they compete against each other and have differences but they are kind of the General Motors of the mowing industry. Which may be a slap in the face since Toyota is about to over take them.

10. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

Any brand is fine with me - As long as it has a Kubota or Yanmar DIESEL. :weightlifter: :weightlifter: :weightlifter: