Rank Smelling Business Next to Property

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Canadian GreenScape, May 27, 2004.

1. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

Ive been mowing this property in the industrial park here and it just happens to be next door to a Shur Gain Feed plant.. I know its not the worst possible smell but after an hour in the heat the smell gets to you.. man.. makes me want to puke. Anyone else work next to a rank business? ;)

2. bugspit

bugspit LawnSite Senior Member

There's a McDonalds next to one of mine. The grease tank is close to the fence where I trim and it appears to leak or the patty flippers can't hit the hole.
    It stinks and the ground is mushy and its not even that hot yet.

Thought I'd raise and little stink myself and call the EPA.

3. Ray&Christine

Ray&Christine LawnSite Member

The other day we were cutting one of our customers which is next door to a house where the lady was mixing something in her flower garden. At first I thought a sewer pipe must have broke in the area. Then I saw what ever she was mixing into the soil was brown. My customer later told me that is always bringing buckets out of her house. Maybe she is trying to conserve water by not using the toilet. That was the worst thing I have ever smelt. I guess in the country where she came from they don't have running water.

4. Canadian GreenScape

Canadian GreenScape LawnSite Member

I know that rotten grease smel.. nasty. Tim hortons here is bad at that. We have a few big hog producers here and they buy up the used grease from the fast food restaurants and feed it to the pigs.. Makes me think twice when im looking at a pork chop in the store

5. work4green

work4green LawnSite Member

Ray and Christine, how do her flowers look? ;)

I can't think of any job sites I've been around that smell bad...

6. tiedeman

tiedeman LawnSite Fanatic
    from earth

with all the standing water and muddy lawns up here a lot of them are beginning to smell like sewage

7. GrassFearsMe

GrassFearsMe LawnSite Senior Member

I work around my truck all day thats enough, nasty ole' grass juice dripping on the hot muffler= nasty smell (i hate rack trucks).

8. Jacob G

Jacob G LawnSite Member

I work next to a feed mill.. Most of the time it puts out a REALLY strong butterscotch smell. I kinda like it!