Rank these mower companies in order. best to worst

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by slicknick, Feb 24, 2010.

1. slicknick

slicknick LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

Simple question, just looking for some opinions. Put these brands in order of what you'd buy from best to worst.

Exmark, Scag, Ferris, Bunton, Snapperpro, Encore, Redhawk, Toro, Husqvarna, Yazoo, Grasshopper, Badboy, Bobcat, Lesco, Great Dane, any others I forgot. Thanks!

2. CLARK LAWN

CLARK LAWN LawnSite Silver Member

what dealers are in your area and do they have parts for the stuff they sell? that would answer your question.

3. slicknick

from Ohio

In my area I have multiple dealers within a 100 mile radius that SELLS the equipment, and even more that service equipment that they dont sell. Im looking online (ebay, craigslist, this website) for a mower to buy and I just need some advice since my budget is limited to 3500-4000 on a mower. Seems like I can get a redmax for 2000 (hydro brand new, yes chinese i know, but if it cuts good and does the job....) ferris and snapperpro are cheaper but i really want an exmark but i cant find any around my area in my price range that are good quality.

4. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

This is a question that will have completely different answers from everyone. For example I may put Yazoo as one of the 'worse' brands while someone else may rank them as one of the 'best' brands. I have experience with only a few of the brands that you listed, so some of them I would rank toward the bottom but they could actually be very good mowers.

Like the previous poster stated, it will depend on what dealers are in your area as to how you will rank the mowers.

If you ask me, the top brands are (in no particular order)....John Deere, Exmark, Toro, Scag, Hustler.

5. slicknick

from Ohio

Well Im looking for opinions because I can't rank the mowers since I have no experience with them. I asked the question to see where people rank them and that includes everyone's personal opinion.

6. mike174

mike174 LawnSite Member

I'll play your game, but I haven't used all brands (like most people) so it's biased:

Mowers: 1) Scag 2) Exmark (fight it out people :dizzy:) 3) Toro 4) Bobcat ...the rest I've never used so the order doesn't matter to me (they all suck to the previous list)...although the mid west guys will bash me on Great Dane, Badboy & others :)

7. Puddle of Oil

Puddle of Oil LawnSite Bronze Member

Great Dane all the way!!!! :cool2::cool2:

8. mike174

mike174 LawnSite Member

I was assuming you meant walk behinds...Wright Stander is the way to go if you want walk behind handling with ZTR time.

9. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 LawnSite Bronze Member

There's actually a mower named "Yazoo?" :laugh:

Yazoo will cost you up the Wazoo. :laugh:

10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I decline to answer.