1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Ransome 6150 opinions????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bbmorey, Apr 20, 2004.

1. bbmorey

bbmorey LawnSite Member
    from NY

I was wondering peoples opinions on Ransomes 6150 4wd tri-deck. Have a chance to buy a used one with 500 hours.

2. sdwally

sdwally LawnSite Senior Member

Ransomes = $$$ for parts and sometime long waits since it made in England.
  3. lars

lars LawnSite Member

Is this what you are talking about. It's a new one of course and is now in Jac orange.

Ransomes makes an ok machine. They have never been as much as an innovator as Toro of Jac, possibly with the exception of the AR 250.

I would buy it if the price is right. I think and many would agree the Jac HR 5111 is better. Use the HR as a reference. If an HR with similar hours is the same price as the Ransomes go with the Jac.

As far as parts goes, Ransomes is of course integrated into Textron and all ex-Ransomes stuff is Jac orange. However this helps you out on the parts end. Jac should have all your parts for the machine and yes they will be expensive as is the deal with all turf equipment. Jac has had some problems with parts distribution and they say they have fixed it. For a while people were waiting four weeks for parts. Another parts route is Precision and R&R.
  4. bbmorey

bbmorey LawnSite Member
    from NY

The ransome is a 6150 batwing mower w/51hp kubota mower. The hours say 504, but the only guage on the mower that is shiny black and new looking is the hour meter. Supposedly the mower came from an Estate in CT.

The seller is asking $5500 for the mower.

What is a Ransome 6150 worth in good used condition??