Ransomes 23 Diesel frontline mower to my "fleet"

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cantoo, Sep 24, 2000.

1. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

I just picked up a used Ransomes with the 72" rear discharge deck on it to use on some of my bigger properties. One thing I see already is that my beautiful Walker stripes are missing. I'm going to look into making a chain type strip kit for it. Does this thing ever cut alot of grass in a hurry, I do a 4 acre park so it should fly thru it, I also have a few other big properties that it will work good on. And next year I can put a competive bid in on the school board jobs too. Does anyone else have one of these beasts, it has the 23 hp Kubota Diesel in it?
    Has anyone made any attachments for their's, I am going to put an aerator on it this winter and am thinking about some way of mounting a snowblower on it too. I have a set of slitters off of another machine that will find their onto it too.

[Edited by cantoo on 09-25-2000 at 02:33 AM]

2. mowerconsultant

mowerconsultant LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Syracuse, NY

how many hours are on this unit ?
    how much did you pay ?
    just wondering....
    amazing how a 72" front mount will speed up production on large properties.

3. cantoo

cantoo LawnSite Silver Member

It has 1068 hrs on it. It was Can.$4500 at an auction, it was used for mowing a city park at one location. The mower is in really good condition, but has a rip in the seat.. It needs a new set of blades but everything else is in good shape. The motor looks like brand new. I'm not real keen on the rear discharge so I am looking for a 60" side discharge too.
    There was also another one there with only 450 hrs on it but when they loaded it on the trailer with a forklift they dropped it and smashed the front trans axle. It still sold for Can.$4000 The guy that was bidding against me on mine was sure wishing he had it. Oh well I guess someone has the be the first loser in a bidding war :)
    I'm still looking for another mower unit that comes with a snowblower so I don't have to change them around.

4. gorrell

gorrell LawnSite Senior Member

Cantoo I'm taking delivery of my new DC S'burb'n Turb'n tomorrow. I'm like a kid on Christmas eve. I demoed it the other day and cut two acres at my home in less than 20 minutes. I can't wait to get it on my big properties which both have around 40 to 45 acres each. HOLD ON!!! Lynn