1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HDFF03, May 11, 2006.

1. HDFF03

HDFF03 LawnSite Member

I did a search and found nothing on this mower. I know they are no longer made. Any info would be helpful, as I may have the opportunity to purchase one for homeowner use.

2. bobinrv

bobinrv LawnSite Member
    from NC

Don't buy it! I just bought one with 60" deck and can find parts but they want more than I paid for the mower for a cutter gearbox for the cutting deck. I had 3 bids of $1350 - $3600 for the same part. Jacobsen now sells parts for them but the prices for Ransomes parts are outrageous.
  3. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I don't believe that's the Jaguar. I believe it was called a T100 or something similar. I remember seeing them, sorta like the Scag STHM 3 wheeler. Tony
  4. bobinrv

bobinrv LawnSite Member
    from NC

It says 23 hp diesel Ransomes Jaguar 4000 on it and it has 4 wheels with a front deck with hydraulic deck.
  5. Tharrell

He said 3 wheeler. The 3 wheeler was a T100 or something. Tony
  6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I think it is the T3100 61"? 20Hp kohler. I had one and loved it when it was wet.the only problem was when you pulled on the leaver to tilt the deck up,you pushed on the go pedal and it would go forward.

If you lose traction with a three wheeler you lift the front up.Allot easier with the gravely or the scag with the electric or hydro lift. The manual lift sucked.
  7. Cooter

Cooter LawnSite Senior Member
    from NE Iowa

I had a T-3100. Good mower. Had 1800 hrs on it when I sold it and it is still being used today. Every time I mow my own property I wish I had another front mount.
  8. dbear

dbear LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one third-hand at an auction about 8 years ago. Good unit with a great cut. Except for the usual expected replacement stuff (blades, one spindle, drive belt, steering cable, and pto clutch) on a 2500 hour machine, I did have to repower it when the Kohler died probably 6 years ago. Even then, I only had about $2500 total in it. Used it until last year when I gave it to my stepson; it's still going strong.

Parts are available from J Thomas. Never had any problem with them.
  9. Tharrell

I found out it was T3100-T3104 after my editing window expired. There apparently aren't too many of them out there, couldn't find a picture. I remember seeing them at the local dealer years ago though. Tony