Ransomes users anyone?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by landcruiser, Aug 18, 2004.

1. landcruiser

landcruiser LawnSite Member
    from Tx

Anyone have any comments on Ransomes mowers? I am looking to buy a 97 Ransomes XT3101. It is the tricycle type design with the seat at the very rear, 60" front deck and "red" Kohler motor with 1200 hours. Are these units reliable, good cut quality? What is it worth? Thanks for any comments.

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I had a T3100 The three Wheeler 60" Deck. It was the best deck in wet grass BUT it would throw long grass clipping out like the toro Sfs deck. It had a 20 kohler and it was under powered. It did mow everyday!.
    John

3. landcruiser

landcruiser LawnSite Member
    from Tx

Thanks for the reply John. Was it a reliable unit? I'm kind of surprised it was underpowered but I'm glad to know it. Did it give a pretty cut in dry, lush grass. I mean, did it mow real level and neat? I buy mowers a lot to make minor repairs, use them a while then sell them simply because I love doing it. I've never owned a Ransomes 3 wheel before. I've had 2 Yazoo 3 wheelers though.

4. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I did say it mowed everyday. In long grass it had a hard time with a 20 kohler 60" deck But it did give a good cut in what type of grass i cut.
    John