Ransomes Westwood

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Curlyfries, May 16, 2008.

1. Curlyfries

Curlyfries LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Could someone explain or direct me somewhere where I could find out about lawn tractor electrical systems.

15.5hp briggs and stratton diamond. NO:28N700
    I've seen the direct wiring stuff on the briggs and stratton website, but the mower I have has 2 relays on a circuit board with ressistors and transistors. I'm assume this has to do with charging circuit to protect components such as ...........electric clutch for blade and lights?

Have new solenoid and battery and new key switch (which was missing on it). Pretty sure have the switch wired right but no go. When solenoids crossed it sarts no prblem so starter is fine. But I can't fine the stop wire. It should be pretty obious coming from where the alternator feed is should it? Is the only way to stop engine to ground coil?

( the stop part of switch goes to relay box. So no i guess i can't be sure if switch is wired correctly although i've tired evry possible configuration)

Would anyone recognise a ride on mower with brush collection system made by " Ransomes Westwood". It's orange if it helps ;) I'd love to find an electrical schematic for it as it would save HOURS.

2. Curlyfries

Curlyfries LawnSite Member
    from Ireland

Sorry couldnt figure out how to edit thread. lol

(hows he gonna fix mower...) :clapping:

Found this in case anyone else has similar probem. Should be helpful in getting the jist of it.

(attachment wiring1)

wiring1.jpg