rapid height adjust 36" WB...?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Lawnaholic, May 12, 2008.

1. Lawnaholic

Lawnaholic LawnSite Member
    from DFW, TX

does anyone make a 36" WB mower with a rapid height adjuster? one you don't have to take off and put on spacers, etc.? in other words, is there one out there that's as quick or not too much longer to switch heights as a regular 21" WB?

2. tippmann87

tippmann87 LawnSite Member

I don't believe there is a fixed deck that allows you to adjust height without removing spacers. The floating deck models allow you to do that though.....but it will cost you. Good luck

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The Ferris 36" hydro has a crank you turn to raise and lower the deck. I can go to any height I want in seconds.

4. JFF

JFF LawnSite Member

Snapper pro hydro 36, too.

5. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

Both Snapper and Ferris make these. Its actually a very nice feature.

6. zz4guy

zz4guy LawnSite Senior Member

NOT the Quick 36. Adjusting height on that thing is a pain with the spacers and the nut tightening mechanism. I'd like to figure out a way to do this faster on Q36

7. metro36

metro36 LawnSite Silver Member

The scag pro v has one that is just like a rider.

8. Lawnaholic

Lawnaholic LawnSite Member
    from DFW, TX

Awesome. Thanks to all of you for your responses. Lawnsite and it's members truly are the best in the business. I guess I'll begin to look for the models mentioned and decide which one I'd like best as far as a 36" is concerned. On another note, my Toro 22040's are 2000' models and they are just now beginning to give me too many headaches with taking 'em in all the time for l'il nick-naggin' repairs so I think I just scored a pretty good deal on replacing them for another pair of 21's and a Stihl BP blower. I just picked up today, two Exmark 21's. One is a year old with a Honda 5.5 horse and the other is brand new (well basically brand new). It has the 6.5 horse kawi and was purchased on 4/24/08 (have receipt in hand) and only used it to mow 40 to 45 residential's (once) and a Stihl BR 380 (practically new, also purchased on 4/24/08). Paid $1400 for all three items. I think it's a pretty good deal considering the new Exmark alone is $1100 give or take after taxes.