Rapid Loader or Tap & Go

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by railman, Jun 13, 2008.

1. railman

railman LawnSite Member

What do you guys use on your trimmers Rapid Loader or Tap & Go?

2. johnnywill08

johnnywill08 LawnSite Senior Member
    from MA z6

rapid loaders are anything but.... bump heads with titanium (husky? or stihl- oi forget) last half a day.....

3. jameson

jameson LawnSite Fanatic
    from PNW

To paraphrase Moe Syzlak, "Sorry Homer, I was raised a 'Tap & Go'er', and I'll die a 'Tap & Go'er'."

4. White Gardens

White Gardens LawnSite Fanatic

Ya I hate the rapid loaders, you waste too much time and ultimatly line because your always throwing some away. Then you have all the little pig tails in the back of your truck to clean up.

Tap and gos are the way to go. Much less hassle, less time loading.

5. david shumaker

david shumaker LawnSite Senior Member

I've tried one of those rapied loader attachments. The line doen't seem to cut as good as string line.

6. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Shindaiwa speed-feed. Load 20 feet at a time (without taking the head apart). It's a bump head. Can't beat it.

7. zemzabob

zemzabob LawnSite Senior Member

Yeah I want to try one of those sounds awesome.

8. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I've used the tap & goes for 8 years and wouldn't trade them for anything else.

9. screensnot

screensnot LawnSite Member
    from MI

I kind of like the speedfeed. It has it's pros and cons. But I think I prefer the old Shin heads. It's a close call though.

It does load easily, though it can't hold as much string as the old Shin heads (maybe 2/3 as much).

It can't weld the strings together, but that isn't a huge problem anyway, if you are using good string.

10. ALC-GregH

ALC-GregH LawnSite Fanatic
    from PA

I bought the Echo U-Turn. 20ft fed in seconds, no need to disassemble to load line again.