Rapid Loader

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by joeg2246, Jun 10, 2005.

1. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Any Echo string trimmer users out there using the Rapid Loader? If so, how does it perform for you? I am thinking of getting one, but, thought i would find out if they are worth the $30.

2. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

works good for me, i just picked one up at the depot for 20

3. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

The one you picked up, was it the actual one made by ECHO?

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

I switched to the rapid loader last year. Its quick and simple and I use the .130 line. I use a 3 line on my Echo 25 cc, and a 2 line on my Dolmar 22cc.

Gene

5. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

Do you think you are using more or less line?

6. vipermanz

vipermanz LawnSite Bronze Member

i just checked and it is, i think i am actually using less line, i have .095 crossfire in it now.

7. joeg2246

joeg2246 LawnSite Member

I am going to the depot today I will have to check it out. Thanks for the tip!

8. Tharrell

Tharrell LawnSite Silver Member

I put one on mine and got tired of fooling with the pouch and cutting line(I'm cheap). Anyway, I switched to square line on the bump feed and Like it a lot better.
    I guess their ok but, when you're busy and have gloves on then you have to put one of those in, it's a hassle.

9. txlawnking

txlawnking LawnSite Bronze Member

Most Like Anger Loader!! It was absolutely the biggest waste of $20 I ever made. A day with that thing would go like this:

Trim 5 mins, stop, screw around with head for 5 mins, repeat, all day long...

Never ever again.

10. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

There isn't enough time in the WORLD, I don't care how "rapid" it is. I will cut my ends with the pruners I carry in my back pocket, bump the head on the ground, and I'm GONE! I can also quickly run any lengths of line I want or need for varying conditions.