Raptor Blades

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Fireman D, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Fireman D

Fireman D LawnSite Member

I was wondering if anyone has ever heard of or used Raptor blades? Someone told me they made a blade just like the gator blade. Any info would be appreciated.

2. Fireman D

Fireman D LawnSite Member

This is hard to believe that nobody has ever heard (good or bad) about these blades. I would really like some input.

3. Turf Cutters

Turf Cutters LawnSite Member

The raptor blade has two cutting edges and teeth on the back of the blade like the gator. I use the raptor blades on my wright stander and dixie chopper. They work great on these machines and also lays down a good stripe. I have run them on my 48" scag and the cut was so so. Hope this helps you.

4. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

actually, they are pretty much the same as gator blades, except the directions of the serated edges. On the gators, they are facing in, which in turn, throws the clippings into the center. On the raptors, the serated edges are facing outwards, and consequently, they throw the clippings out. EricELM used to use a combo of 1gator and 1raptor per spindle to shred his leaves.

5. Mark P

Mark P LawnSite Senior Member

I purchased a set of raptor marbain mulching blades that i saw on turf mag, I sharpened them a used them for 15min they where awful, i put back on the Scag high lift marbains to adchive a percision cut, the raptors didn't impress me at all. I might try them on top and the scags on bottom to see if there is any difference otherwise ill never use them......Marks Mowing Service

6. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

They work Very Well. In Wet Use double high Lifts.

7. ksimpson

ksimpson LawnSite Member

Can anyone give me a site for these blades on a Dixie? Currently use Gator and would love to try these. Thanks!

8. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

9. deason

deason LawnSite Member

I used the raptors this past fall on leaves. The do a excellent job.

10. MacLawnCo

MacLawnCo LawnSite Bronze Member

Actually, i need to correct my self. EricELM did not use these...I got them confused with ROTOR blades, which are as i described earlier. Sorry