1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Raptor deck ratttle

Discussion in 'Hustler Turf Equip (Archived)' started by Ken Dowdy, Jul 16, 2014.

1. Ken Dowdy

Ken Dowdy LawnSite Member

Anyone experienced this?? It seems that the pulleys and belt are not running smoothly on my Raptor. Loud rattle at full throttle cutting speed. Any way to tighten things up??

2. hustlermidwest

hustlermidwest LawnSite Senior Member

Please check earlier threads on this issue under new Raptor rattle.

Brian O

3. Ken Dowdy

Brian did you mean clutch rattle? I can not find anything else on deck rattle.

4. hustlermidwest

Yes, the rattle you are hearing is most likey coming from the clutch anchor. I have heard of a noise on the 60" deck. There is also a simple fix for that.

Brian O

5. Ken Dowdy

OK I saw that post and looked at my clutch under load but no noise coming from there. I can actually see the belt vibrating and the noise seem to be consistent with that. Also I can press down on the deck slightly and the rattle seems to get better. Thanks for your quick response.

6. hustlermidwest

Your dealer should be able to quite that down. If they haven't seen it before they can just call their distributor service manager and he'll get it square with them.

Brian O

7. aiki98

aiki98 LawnSite Member

I was told my deck was flexing and Hustler sent the dealer a brace to put on it. The vibration is gone but it makes the top of the deck a little harder to clean and more difficult to scrap the underside due to more bolts going through it.